• CEO of Compass Edge
• Co-founder of LN Hotel Alliance (an alliance of 46M+ loyalty members with Ling Nan Hospitality, China Southern Airlines and GZL Travel Services)
• Head of Hospitality at The Asian General Chamber of New Retail
• Ex-hotelier at Four Seasons Hotels Corporate Office, Delta Hotels Corporate Office in Canada, Vice President at a publicly-listed mar-tech company (VIP International traded as HARS System) in Canada,
Vice President at a leading Digital Agency (Open World) in UK, Regional Director at an OTA (Orbitz) & Vice President APAC at Small Luxury Hotels of the World before joining Compass Edge
• Keynote speaker at major industry conferences such as ITB, Hospitality Asia Conference, WiT WebInTravel, Digi Travel Conference, TravelDaily GM Summit, Buzz Expo and Chat Conference, etc.
• Columnist at TD TravelDaily and Travel Media News Asia
• Leads Compass Edge to win Top 10 Travel & Hospitality Service Providers in 2018 & 2019 &2021, Silver CTW (Chinese Travelers Welcome) Award in Innovation by COTRI (China Outbound Tourism Research Institute) and Ctrip in 2019 and Seven Stars Luxury Hospitality Online Branding and Marketing Agency for China Award in 2019 & 2020
• Master of BA at Ivey Business School, University of Western Ontario, Canada
• Doctorate of BA (Business Research) at University of New Castle, Australia
"THINK DIFFERENT & JUST DO IT", is what I believe in.
A senior executive and passionate innovator with 20+ years experience in travel technology, corporate innovation, venture capital and startup ecosystems.
Pragmatic and result oriented, with a strong entrepreneurial spirit, open mindset and technology background, I am an early adopter of Lean Startup and committed to take startups to the next level, increase the returns of investors and speed up corporate innovation.
As Vice President Traveler
Care Asia Pacific, Sanghamitra leads an organisation of more than 1400 professionals
and is responsible for driving customer experience and global client management
through a strong and diversified operating model.
spent 20 years in American Express and Global Business Travel, most of which
have been in various leadership roles. Prior to her current role, Sanghamitra
was Vice President and General Manager for Singapore, Hong Kong and Thailand, responsible
for growth and operations in these markets.
American Express in Commercial Payments. She then moved to American Express Global
Business Travel where she led the ASEAN Commercial organisation as well as Global
Client Management in Asia Pacific before stepping up into General Management 6
Prior to joining
American Express, she worked in leading hospitality organisations like Taj
Hotels, and Intercontinental Hotel Group. She also led a business school
program in China, affiliated to James Cooke University, Australia.
an MBA and a Mathematics Honours degree from Maharaja Sayajirao University,
She was awarded
the Kim Vismale Global Leadership Excellence Award in recognition of her
contribution in developing, mentoring and providing leadership in her various
roles in American Express.
Sanghamitra is a
strong champion of Diversity Equity & Inclusion and led the Global Asian
Inclusion Network in American Express Global Business Travel. She is also a
passionate Sustainability advocate in the region and has represented American
Express Global Business Travel in various regional sustainability forums.
She lives in Singapore
and has a love for music and writing. Sanghamitra has recently published
Un-belonging, a collection of short stories.